There are two rooms available for hire.
- Ideal for children’s parties, family celebrations, gentle recreation activities, playgroup, medium size meetings (ie body corporate) and training activities.
- Room Size:
- Trestle Tables and chairs (seating for 50)
- Opens onto courtyard with BBQ and sandpit and covered table. Gate out to Te-Arai park featuring shade cloth covered children’s playground.
- Access to kitchen with fridge, oven, microwave and sink.
- Access to disabled toilet
- Suitable for small meetings and small training sessions.
- Includes bench desks, seating for 10
- Limited access to kitchen
How to hire Alma Road Community House for a party (casual booking)
- Contact the Coordinator to find out if the venue is available or suitable for your event. Your hire time for parties needs to include set-up and clean-up times.
- A booking form, terms and conditions and a quote will be emailed.
- The cost includes venue hire, public liability insurance and a security bond returned when the venue key is returned.
- Bookings are confirmed on receipt of payment by PPCG.
- In the week prior to the event, collect the key and be briefed on using the venue.
- After your event, return the key to get security bond returned.
Current hire rates – rates relate to type of activity
- Casual hire for private use (parties, meetings etc.) – $60.00 per hour
- Semi-commercial use (classes and courses) – $40.00 per hour
- Community Groups (meeting room/hall hire) – City of Port Phillip/local groups – $12.00 per hour; groups not operating within the City of Port Phillip – $18.00 per hour
- HACC eligible groups – Free
- Open playgroups – Free
- Security deposit (refundable) – $100; Public Liability Insurance – $28.50 flat rate
(Prices reviewed each year on July 1.)