Become a Volunteer!
Volunteer With Us
Please consider becoming a valued member of our volunteer program and positively impact lives. Provide your contact details and we will get in touch with you. We would love to match your passions, skills and available time with one of our programs.
Our Volunteers Will Have
The Port Phillip Community Group (PPCG) provides a range of centre-based and outreach programs and services that include:
- Information, referral and support
- Emergency relief, material aid and financial counselling
- Community development and personal advocacy
- Pathways to education and employment
- Social advocacy regarding inequity, social exclusion and poverty
We operate from four sites in the City of Port Phillip – St Kilda, St Kilda East, South Melbourne and Port Melbourne. Our key target groups are individuals and communities often with complex and several issues, and primarily are:
- On low income, often with significant disabilities
- In crisis, and/or presenting with social and financial issues
- Socially isolated and/or marginalised
Our Volunteers Will Have
- Good people skills
- The ability to engage with people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong administration skills
- A willingness to share their skills and knowledge
- A commitment to social justice and equity
Opportunities Available in these Areas
Community Engagement Volunteer
Supporting Port Phillip Community Group through fundraising and building relationships that will support ongoing social programs towards individuals and communities on low incomes, socially isolated, marginalised or disadvantaged.
Information, Referral and Support
Contribute to improved outcomes for our service users in times of crisis and/or need through information, support, referrals and emergency relief. The role includes reception, support and general administration.
Creative Arts, Music and Performance Events
Share your creativity and performing talents to encourage participation at live entertainment events that celebrate life, inspiration and creativity.
Social Meals and Recreational Groups
Interact with a broad range of isolated people living in community accommodation to build confidence, social connections, health and well-being. Help prepare and then share a a meal, assist with the bi-monthly ‘street eats’ pop-up, or collect food from the Food Bank in Yarraville.
Alma Road Community House (ARCH)
ARCH hosts playgroups, education and well-being programs. It includes a community garden and playground, and is an ideal location for children’s parties and gatherings. An exciting opportunity exists to work with us to develop its potential as a vibrant neighbourhood hub.
Share this page:
Like what we do? Donate now and make a difference
Your valuable gifts can help provide food, care and support to vulnerable people